From Viz Matters
Comments on the respondents' most used visualisation tool.
91 replies were given.
The most commonly used tools, with links to answers are:
Of the other tools, the major reasons for choosing them were:
- ASE: quick and easy to use
- Avogadro: open source
- gnuplot: quick to use, scriptable
- ImageJ: free, easy, plugins
- Paraview: ease of use
A few observations can be drawn from these responses:
- Users will prefer software that is written specifically for their domain of interest.
- Large datasets must be handled efficiently.
- Scripting or other ability to extend the tool is required.
- Publication quality output is a valued bonus.