From Viz Matters
Comments on the respondents' second most used visualisation tool.
47 replies were given.
The most commonly used tools, with links to answers are:
- gnuplot - 5 replies
- Materials Studio - 3 replies
- Matlab - 3 replies, but is not discussed in this section as the responses are the same as those in question 5.
- Paraview - 3 replies
- PyMol - 3 replies, also not discussed here.
- VMD - 3 replies, also not discussed here.
Other tools that had two responses:
- CCPN Analysis
- Discovery Studio
A few observations can be drawn from these responses:
- Users seems to prefer software that is general purpose.
- Large datasets must be handled efficiently.
- Good quality documentation/tutorials is required.
- Ability to read multiple formats is useful.